We are pleased to announce that BOXKARS has launched their all-new parts division and webstore. Blacktop Branding developed the site with a Magento-Go platform by altering the template and organizing the data for the custom bicycle parts manufacturer.
While at the recent SEMA Show, I got to thinking about Las Vegas as a city of chance or a city of opportunity.
Commonly known as a gambling town, chance plays a big part in their economy. And as the election was coming near there’s a lot of talk about the economy and how one candidate may be better than the other. All along, I say fooey to the naysayers. The President of the United States doesn’t make me any more successful than the last guy and I will create my own success!
And that’s how I experienced this Vegas trip. As a city of opportunity. There were thousands of exhibitors at the SEMA Show. Many that would be a great fit as a client in the Blacktop Media Network. We gave away some great value at the show with our daily review of the show, our in-depth booth articles. Fortunately for us, Emily Sherer stepped up to help us out. She made a great ambassador for Blacktop Magazine posing for pictures to help pique the interest of our readers. It has been just over a week since we’ve returned and had the opportunity to bid on a couple of projects and keep in touch with those who we met. Visit our special page on Blacktop Magazine to see all the reports in one place.
Also at the show I decided that I should support the organization that has helped me in my career and joined SEMA. I joined because the industry needs the support of passionate people and services.
Now for the big announcement.
Blacktop Media Network and Blacktop Branding are committed to having six SEMA exhibitors as clients by the next SEMA Show in November 2013. We can help automotive aftermarket parts manufacturers with design of Catalogs, Websites, Marketing Collateral and Advertising Campaigns. So as a new member, we am offering a special SEMA Exhibitor Promotion. SEMA Exhibitors will enjoy a 20% discount of our services at Blacktop Branding and on advertising with Blacktop Magazine! Now is the time to take advantage of our unique design offerings and connect with our valuable followers.
Are you ready for the power and value of The Blacktop Media Network? If so, give us a call at 949-584-5669.
Hosted by The Queen of Cars Genevieve Chappell
Not your typical interview but one that will explore deep into the challenges of bringing a new product to market. We will explore possible other uses for the product. Dig into your company history and find unique experiences that your potential customers will appreciate.
The Blacktop Media Network Offers Marketing Opportunities for your SEMA Show Experience. We can help you share your new products with a photoshoot, article creation, and/or video interview spotlights. We will provide a CD to share in your social campaigns. We will also distribute the items to the media as well as push in our multi-channeled network.
The Blacktop Media Network SEMA In-Booth Spotlight will provide a professional photoshoot, article creation with your approval prior to print/distribution, media distribution, and provide files for your social marketing campaigns.
- Photoshoot: $650.00
- Photos/Article: $850.00
- Video Spotlight (edited to under 10 minutes): $850.00
- Video w/Photos: $1,200.00
- Full Package: $1,500.00
50% deposit is required to book.
Balance Due October 23, 2012
To Book Your Spot call us at 949-584-5669 or e-mail us at Campaigns@BlacktopBranding.com
Bernt Karlsson’s Custom “Holden8r” to be unveiled by RK Sport at the 2012 SEMA Show!
Westminster, CA - Bernt Karlsson, most famously known as the powerhouse metal man at Hot Rods by Boyd, and now at The 401k Club Hot Rod Shop, has created a follow-up to his earlier “Camaro/Camino” concept with his personal build, the “Holden8r”. Part Australian Holden, part Pontiac G8, part 2013 Camaro and all parts AWESOME.
The RK Sport ZR1 Hood’s Plexiglass center allows a peak of the Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L V8 with a polished Magnuson Supercharger rating at 500hp and spitting out through a cat-back Magnaflow exhaust system. All that power is stopped by a set of Harrop Brakes covered with Schott Wheels and Toyo Tires.
Plenty of bodywork, which Bernt is known for, include grafting a Holden Ute with a blend of Pontiac G8. The fenders are a mix of Pontiac G8 near the firewall, rare Holden Maloo in the lower parts and the front of a 2012 Camaro. The grill insert is from the 2013 Camaro with a custom made carbon fiber accent bar covering the headlight from end to end in an elongated V shape.The front spoiler and valance, the rocker panels, as well as the tonneau cover lip are also custom fabricated of carbon fiber. The roll pan is fabricated around a set of custom exhaust tips. The skin is then coated in a decisive and special mix two-tone of Valspar’s House of Kolor pigments
While sitting in the luxury of a Stitchcraft upholstery you can faintly hear the roar through the Crossfire Audio system.
See it at this year’s SEMA Show! October 29-November 2, 2012 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Magnuson Supercharger
- RK Sport
- Magnaflow Exhaust
- Optima Battery & Charger
- Valspar – House of Kolor
- Toyo Tires
- Crossfire Audio
This just in!
Subscribers to the Blacktop Media Network e-mail newsletter receive 20% off our Marketing Opportunities and Design Services! You must provide us with your subscribed e-mail address at the time of order to obtain this discount. To subscribe follow this link.
Marketing Opportunities include those in BlacktopMagazine.com listed below with published pricing:
- BANNER AD – $100.00/mo or $1,000.00/yr
- As seen on the Home page and every page for that matter.
- Specifications: 175px X 350px with up to two links. Animated or static. See an example with the AutoAnything ad on the right of our home page.
- TEXT LINK – $250.00 – One time fee.
- Text link within a specific posted article to run for a minimum of one-year.
- See an example with the Harley Shipping link at: http://www.blacktopmagazine.com/?p=185
- ADVERTORIAL – $500.00 – One time fee.
- Editorial review of your product, service, tech or shop tour. We will develop a story of approx. 400 words and up to 18 photos featuring a how-to, new product launch or company exposé. The article will be posted on our site with a permanent link for at least 2 years. See sample of The 401k Club Hot Rod Shop at this link:http://www.blacktopmagazine.com/?p=214
- E-NEWSLETTER BANNER AD – $150.00 each run.
- We also produce a monthly e-mail newsletter and offer (text/photo/link) ad for $150.00 each run. Our contact list is a opt-in highly targeted list of automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.
- ADDITIONAL BENEFITS:
Additional Marketing Opportunities include:
- Press Release Development and Distribution
- Marketing Plan Development
- Sponsorship of BlacktopTV programming
- Advertorials and Advertising in Blacktop Magazine Special Print Editions
- BRAND DESIGN/MARKETING:
- Identity/logo design and graphic standards for people, businesses and products. Includes multi-format and complete usage rights for print, online and mobile. SAMPLES
- WEBSITE DESIGN/MAINTENANCE:
- Planning and design of online presence which may include; content management systems, cataloging, shopping, blogging, and video channels. Regular updating is offered on a retainer basis. FEATURED SITE
- ONLINE VIDEO PRODUCTION/ART DIRECTION:
- Filming of 1080P HD Video with audio and graphic services. Product video press releases, shop tours, corporate video brochures, interviews, event coverage are all available. FEATURED VIDEO
- ADVERTISING DESIGN/ART DIRECTION:
- Print, online, and television advertising campaign development, production and media buys. Yes, we are your one-stop shop to develop a comprehensive and strategic advertising plan filled with ROI.
- CATALOG DESIGN/ART DIRECTION:
- Blacktop Branding has many years of experience in catalog design and development from simple 1 page line cards to 1000 page full-color parts catalogs. Our designs have helped increase sales for a variety of companies. We are now offering print to web catalog design relationships with full-access database development so when a product is changed in the database both the online and files for a printed catalog are updated simultaneously.
- SOCIAL MEDIA PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT/MAINTENANCE:
- Since 1996 we have been producing web content and now with the advance of web 2.0 and the social network, we have been in the fore-front of social networking. Developing relationships with your customers to see current projects, new products, offering pre-sale promotions and contests on the social network have proven highly effective in building your brand. FEATURED CHANNEL
- E-MAIL MARKETING:
- Permission based marketing has recently been shown to dramatically increase brand awareness. Blacktop Branding started programs for a variety of companies and our own publication: BlacktopMagazine.com. Monthly E-blasts, digital press releases and holiday/promotional announcements are great ways to share the excitement and value your company has to offer. See details of our Comprehensive E-Mail Marketing Program Here.
- MARKETING COLLATERAL:
- Marketing collateral are the supporting pieces to a strategic marketing campaign such as stickers, posters, counter-mats, banners, line cards, etc. Blacktop Branding is expert at developing lasting customer relationships with these simple devices.
Offer valid through December 31, 2012. This offer supersedes any and all other promotions and cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other sale/promotion. This offer is not retroactive and cannot be applied to previous orders. Shipping, handling and third-party service or product fees or charges are not included in the discounted sale price.
Blacktop Branding now offers products to share your vehicle. We have created the Collector Car Appreciation Program. Build Books, Show Boards, Video Spotlights and Featured Articles are now available.
Here are some examples:
Build Book – We created this photo album for the Rapidago Project. This example is a small 8×6 inch wire bound book. We also create books up to tabloid size 17×11 inches!
Video Spotlight – To share online and on your iPad/iPhone or i-anything. Here is an example of a video spotlight for Jack Petitt’s 1957 Pontiac Star Chief.
AND Featured Articles on our sister publication, Blacktop Magazine. Here is an article for a Cadillac from Skuza Motorsports.
For pricing and more details please call T-Bone at 949-584-5669 or Campaigns@BlacktopBranding.com, we look forward to creating a product which will match the AWESOMENESS of your car or bike!
The Blacktop Builder Program is designed to increase customer relations and promotions for the custom or restoration builder shop. We offer uniquely designed Build/Lobby Books, Showboard, Posters, and Calendars as a valuable marketing tool for your business.
The Build Book would incorporate your photos, diagrams and text in a professionally designed hard-cover or soft-cover book. We will edit and write the text as best for the project. Great as a promotional tool for your shop or as a gift to your customer.
Design and layout a photo-album with caption from progress photos of the customers build. Incorporate shop logo, sponsors, and other key partners credit. Save the last page as an “Advertorial” of your shop.
Design Fee: $750.00
Printing Fee: 11.25″x8.75″ Soft cover, wire binding: $1.25/page. Hard cover, perfect binding: $1.75/page.
Pricing does not include sales tax and shipping.
The Showboard is great at events to publicize the work and partners in the build. Your logo will be prominently displayed. Use this as a wall-hanger in your shop or as a gift to your customer.
Design and layout of unique showboard using design elements from the project. No template here. We custom design each board to compliment the vehicle’s features. Pricing includes one (1) 18″x24″ full color UV protected print laminate on an aluminum sheet with rounded corners.
Design Fee: $250.00
Additional Boards: $55.00/each
Pricing does not include sales tax and shipping.
Our posters have been well received at events and tradeshows such as The SEMA Show, LA Roadsters Show and the Easyriders Bike Show Tour. Our poster designs offer multiple uses such as a calendar, mini-catalog, with a call-to-action including contact information and even QR codes for direct measurement of traffic to your website. We will consult with you on your specific needs and create three different designs for you to choose direction then offer two rounds of revisions before the final print-ready design. You will also receive the image in several formats for your marketing needs.
Design and layout of poster. With 3 concepts, 2 revisions, and one final design. Include contact info and call-to-action.
FEE: Design Fee: $450.00
Model fee and studio photography not included. We can use your photos, photos from our vast Blacktop Media Network library, or quote a photoshoot as requested. Printing fee not included in design and will be quoted as requested in quantity and size.
We don’t build a calendar with a template. Your calendar design will be unique and center around your established brand identity. The design will feature your photos of customers’ cars, or photos from our vast Blacktop Media Network library.
Design and layout a 28 page saddle-stitched calendar with fun-facts on each page and contact info for your shop on each page. Reserve the back cover for thumbnail images of each calendar page and empty field for mailing if necessary. Reserve two pages at center spread for your poster image ad.
Printing fee not included in design and will be quoted as requested in desired quantity. Model fee and studio photography not included. We can use your photos, photos from our vast Blacktop Media Network library, or quote a photoshoot as requested.
A 50% deposit is required to start the job. You will have two rounds of revisions and final approval prior to printing.
If you have an e-mail address, you have seen e-mail marketing at work, for good or bad. Think of how you react to e-mail marketing as the recipient. You signed up for the list for one reason or another and now are getting a barrage of e-mail newsletters, offers and information. Which ones do you open? After receiving them for a year or so, do you still open them?
I get all kinds too. I receive daily e-mails from the likes of Seth Godin, which I open and read each day. I have learned through years of direct mail design that flashy doesn’t always equal results. Seth’s e-mail is strictly type on a white background rarely with photos.
The beauty of e-mail marketing is the metrics involved. We can measure how many and specifically who OPENS an e-mail. We can also see how many and specifically who CLICKS on overall and specific links within the e-mail.
For an Automotive Aftermarket manufacturing client we are getting an astounding 44.8% open rate with a 19.6% click rate. Constant Contact (CC) keeps a tally of average results in different business sectors. The CC Manufacturing/Distribution sector averages 18.6% opens, and 12.6% click rate. We are getting an astounding 44.8% open rate and a 19.6% click rate for one of our Automotive Aftermarket Manufacturing clients. We accredit these incredible rates with several factors. A clean double-opt-in contact list, strategic subject lines, quality content and offers, expected frequency and overall value.
In our 5+ years of e-mail marketing experience we have paid close attention to the trends in the audience, industry and the value proposition of e-mail marketing. We’d like to share those with you. If you are interested to learn more, we would like to share with you our white-paper on effective e-mail marketing specific to the motorsports industry. Simply e-mail your request to: Campaigns@BlacktopBranding.com.
Too busy servicing your clients? Our new program is designed to help you keep your website and social network fresh with new content. We will help update your website and social network with new content, offers and project progress reports. We’d like to share that success with you as well. Our offer starts with a twice monthly update of your site (news, new products/services, gallery images of current projects, etc.). We will also update your Facebook Page (if applicable) with announcements of what’s new on your site.
All for only $425.00/mo.
*This offer is extended through December 31, 2012, we will waive the $750.00 set-up fee! Regular monthly rate is $425.00. Additional savings when you pre-pay 6 or 12 months in advance.
But wait, there’s more savings!
Regular monthly rate is $450.00
Purchase 6 months in advance for only $2,400.00 ($400/mo)
Purchase 12 months in advance and save even more! $4,200.00 ($350/mo)
CONTACT US TODAY TO GET STARTED:
949-584-5669 • Campaigns@BlacktopBranding.com
In a world where information is literally at everyone’s fingertips the challenge is to have clarity of brand.
A well-placed post, a strategic e-mail message, and a successful viral video are great at telling your story. Hopefully that story is of your primary business objective. It is easy however, to get caught up on a new offering, or service, and blast it out to the masses. That blast may send a message that you are ALL THAT. Customers will read the blast and take it as gospel of what you offer. For example, you release a product announcement for a late model vehicle and the audience thinks of you ONLY for late model vehicles. When in reality your profit center is in classic restoration parts.
I get that. Because of my involvement in the industry, going to events, writing for popular blogs and BlacktopMagazine.com. Some people think I am a writer or editor. When my primary expertise is in creative, strategic graphic design. Sure I write for blogs, magazines and websites. Sure I create logos, catalogs and brochures. Sure, I design websites and advertising campaigns. And, sure I develop strategic marketing programs. I am also a trained chef, a teacher, husband and father. I can re-wire a house, pour concrete, and add performance goodies to my hot rod or bikes. AND, I love to design – to solve visual problems, which help in communicating a company’s product, service or brand. That’s my passion, that’s what I am good at, and that’s my primary business objective.
How do you keep clarity of brand in those single message announcements?
You can do this in several ways:
- Start your message with something like; We’re known for our classic car parts and we are excited to share this new product for late model cars…
- Consistently use your graphics, colors, images, etc in your releases, posts and videos. Show the consistency of your brand and there is more opportunity to remember your core business.
- Use of built-in messages (such as sidebars on a website, background ads in a video, or follow-up links in a blog) of your primary business will help to keep the audience from losing your main brand message.
I’d like to hear some of your challenges. Feel free to comment or send me an e-mail and I will do my best to offer advice as needed.